As the protective measures put in place to fight the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) have tightened, we wanted to reach out to all our users during this period of change and uncertainty. With consumer confidence levels so low at present, it is crucial to take steps to protect your venue and support your business into the future. We spoke to our hospitality experts, and gathered some of their best advice, in order to support you through this challenging time.
We recommend you communicate as much as possible with diners on the status of your venue. ResDiary’s emails, booking notifications, and SMS integrations are a great way to do this.
- Ensure any messages you are emailing out, are matched across your website, and social media channels, you can also update your opening times on Google My Business for anyone searching online. This is also a great way to let customers know if you are operating a takeaway, or delivery service just now, rather than restaurant service. Doing this will help to minimise any confusion for your diners surrounding your venue. See our Google my business ebook here.
- Update your booking policy in your booking notifications and Terms & Conditions, we have a draft template you can follow here.
- Don’t forget to turn off your reminder & post dining feedback emails. If you are closing your venue email [email protected] and we can do this for you.
- Need to make customers aware of anything while they are booking for certain dates? Add a promotion to your widget, displaying text with the information you want to display, on the dates, and times you choose.
- You can also use promotions and offers to advertise vouchers, or gift cards.This a great way to bring in revenue during a difficult time. Please see a guide here.
Managing your diary
- If you are making changes to your business operating hours, need to close days, update times, or shut areas during the coming weeks please see a guide here on how to action this for bespoke days. If you are taking bookings via Google, your close outs will apply here too.
- If you have decided to close completely, you can use the system to set a close out for a longer period of time. Discover how to do this quickly here.
- Planning on staying open but want to implement social distancing in line with government guidelines? Rearrange your tables, or seat diners differently so they are a metre apart by following this guide. After that, we recommend you visit settings > tables > choose your new segment to make the required changes to your tables.
- If you are open as usual, turn off your undersell rules for the coming weeks, or even have an automatic override on these rules, ensuring diners can book at all times. Learn how to do that here.
Switching to a delivery service?
- Speak to our team about how to use our promotions and pre-order features to allow you process online orders for collection and delivery. 0207 871 7490 / [email protected]
- Or read our guide.
- Sadly, booking cancellations are inevitable during this time. We recommend you reconsider or relax your cancellation policies and keep a digital record of cancellations by adding a cancellation reason for COVID-19 so you can keep track of your business’ situation. Please see a guide here on how to do this.