Google has recently announced a new feature, Google Posts, and it’s a game-changer for restaurant reservations.
You can now add a reservations link to your Google Business listing, allowing customers to take commission-free bookings via ResDiary, directly from the Google homepage.
To do this yourself, follow the steps below. Otherwise, contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll be happy to help:
- Log in to your Google My Business account. (If you don’t have a listing, here is a link to set this up)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Manage Location” (if you have more than one, these will need to be set up seperately)
- Click on “Create Post” or click “Post” on the menu on the left-hand-side.
- Download and use this image to put in the image box: https://sales.resdiary.com/resdiary/uploads/2017/06/resdiary-google-10.png
- Fill in the required fields:
– Write your post: “To Reserve – Click Below”
– Turn on “Add a Button” and check “Reserve”
– Add in your microsite Eg: www.resdiary.com/restaurant/RestaurantName (double check your name by searching for your microsite on www.resdiary.com)
– If you want to track your reservations, add this code to the end of your web address: ?utm_source=GKG&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=GKG+Post#booking
– You should also add #booking to the end of the link to make it a better mobile experience
– The final address should look like:
(DO NOT use this exact address. Find your own microsite name on www.resdiary.com and use that)
- Hit “Preview” to make sure that everything looks good and your reserve link goes to your microsite.
- Repeat the process for each venue if you have multiple.