An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Director designate to scale our presence in London in response to increased demand from current customers and emerging potential business in the territory.
This position offers a unique opportunity to become involved in the UK’s fastest growing, privately owned restaurant reservation company, delivering SaaS to over 7800 customers in 57 countries.
The Role in Brief
Based in London, you will take responsibility for increasing our customer base in this area. This will include developing regional strategy and establishing a London sales and customer support team.
We are looking for an individual who will, in time, be able to collaborate in directing and steering company strategy, future operations and growth. You will be fully supported in the role by the CEO, COO and our global sales manager.
Experience in the hospitality sector is a must.
Key Role Objectives
Sales & Support Team Development:
Working with our Global Sales Manager, you will identify and employ an effective, enthusiastic London-based support and sales team for London, driving that team to further success through encouragement, personal development and ongoing training.
New Business Growth:
- Deliver new business through an agreed marketing strategy.
- Develop productive relationships with key influencers in the market.
- Develop strategies for winning accounts and growing our business.
- Identify routes into our target markets and build high level relationships.
- Nurture new accounts, highlighting early successes.
- Expand existing accounts, building on past successes to roll out across entire portfolios.
You are highly driven, possibly already in the second or third position of your career, with fluency in English. (Fluency in another language would be advantageous.)
- You have knowledge, and some experience, of working front of house in the restaurant industry, at management level.
- You have an understanding of the general technology aspects involved in delivering SaaS across a wide enterprise structure.
- You are able to lead and manage a team, and to relate to customers and prospects.
- You have a business degree education.
- You have a track record in building successful relationships at all levels, from CEO to reservationist.
- You are a proven team player, with a natural tendency to collaborate with others.
- You have a solid grasp of financial analysis to build clear a business case for our clients.
- You have a strong drive, work ethic, and constant desire to improve.
- You are passionate about sales techniques and processes.
- You are driven to improve the way restaurants work with digital technology and using yield in reservation management.
Sales Experience in the hospitality (primarily restaurants) industry and international experience are preferred but not essential.
Travel to our Glasgow Head Office will be required for regular strategy meetings.
- Salary to be negotiated.
- The Company will contribute to a pension scheme for the successful candidate, following completion of a probationary period.
- Business phone, laptop, iPad provided.
- Business travel opportunities.
- Full training provided.
To apply for this role please email us at email@example.com with a cover letter detailing why you want to work for us, what makes you right for this role and your CV.
ResDiary are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.