ResDiary is one of the world’s leading providers of online restaurant reservations, seating over 13,800,000 diners per month, across more than 9,200 restaurants in 59 countries. ResDiary is a flat-fee, online reservation system designed to help hospitality operators run a smooth service. Our vision is to help empower restaurants to improve revenue and yield to the operators’ best advantage. We also have a growing offering to attract diners; a web portal, and iOS and Android app, ResDiary Now, which helps diners discover great restaurants in their locations. Our head office is based in Glasgow, with teams in Manchester, London, Dublin, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Dubai.
ResDiary is looking for an enthusiastic iOS Developer to join its fast growing development team based in Glasgow.
As a member of the development team you will gain experience working with the latest technologies while developing solutions for the ResDiary mobile product set. Expect to be using Objective-C, CoreData, AFNetworking on a daily basis.
We trust our developers to do what’s best for the product and we give them the support they need to make whatever they do a success. We expect you to strive to improve both yourself and the product whenever you can and in return you’ll be given the freedom to take time to learn new skills and experiment with new technologies. You should be willing to get involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle – we want you to own what you do. You’ll be working closely with other members of the development team as well as collaborating with the product, design, QA and support teams to produce quality code and end-user products so good communication skills are a must.
We are strong believers in TDD and thorough testing in general and expect you to be too.
Minimum one-two years as a native iOS Developer.
- Experience working with Objective-C, Swift
- Good knowledge of Xcode and different deployment targets
- Working with Xcode storyboards
- Knowledge of constraints and size classes
- Knowledge/experience of implementing code design patterns
- Experience of core data
- Creating and using protocols and delegates
- Creating and using plists
- Enjoy problem solving and debugging
- Familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) or Google’s Material Design Standards
Preferred but not essential
- Creating and utilising ‘Categories’ design
- Link to a published app they have created or worked on
- Experience of utilising AFNetworking or Alamofire
- Integrating 3rd party frameworks and/or API integration (including Social Media Frameworks)
- Experience of sourceControl – GIT, SourceTree, using GITHUB, BitBucket etc
- Experience with debugging using instruments and increasing performance
- Experience with Unit Testing & Automation
- Experience with Apple’s TestFlight for Internal/External Beta testing and iTunes App Store Submission process or Google Play Console
Basic salary £35-45K (dependent on experience)
Pension contribution and annual discretionary bonus
Here are some more reasons to work with us;
Discount on hundreds of hotels and dining experiences around the world
Private medical cover
A close, friendly team of co-workers
Generous employer contributions to company pension scheme
Opportunities for progression and learning new skills
All the espresso you can drink (Glasgow office based jobs)
Choose a book every month in our Library Project
How to apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of restaurant management and reservations at ResDiary, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all candidates will be required to provide contact details for their previous employer (if applicable) who will be contacted after first round interviews for a reference. Employment offers will be made subject to a reference from your current employer being received, your consent will be asked for before contacting your current employer.
ResDiary is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.