ResDiary is one of the world’s leading providers of online restaurant reservations, seating over 13.7 million diners per month, across more than 8,700 restaurants in 61 countries. ResDiary is a flat-fee, online reservation system designed to help hospitality operators run a smooth service. Our vision is to help empower restaurants to improve revenue and yield to the operators’ best advantage. We also have a growing offering to attract diners; a web portal, and iOS and Android app, ResDiary Now, which helps diners discover great restaurants in their locations, generating incremental bookings for our restaurateurs. Our head office is based in Glasgow, with teams in Manchester, London, Dublin, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Dubai.
ResDiary is looking for an enthusiastic iOS Developer to join it’s fast growing development team based in Glasgow City Centre.
As a member of the development team you will gain experience working with the latest technologies while developing solutions for the ResDiary mobile product set. Expect to be using Objective-C, CoreData, AFNetworking on a daily basis.
We trust our developers to do what’s best for the product and we give them the support they need to make whatever they do a success. We expect you to strive to improve both yourself and the product whenever you can and in return you’ll be given the freedom to take time to learn new skills and experiment with new technologies. You should be willing to get involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle – we want you to own what you do, not just finish the code and throw it over the wall. You’ll be working closely with other members of the development team as well as collaborating with the Product, Design, QA and Support teams to produce quality code and end-user products so good communication skills are a must.
We are strong believers in TDD and thorough testing in general and expect you to be too.
Minimum 1-2 years as a native iOS developer.
- Experience working with Objective-C, Swift
- Good knowledge of Xcode and different deployment targets
- Working with Xcode Storyboards
- Knowledge of constraints and size classes
- Knowledge/experience of implementing code design patterns
- Experience of Core data
- Creating and using protocols and delegates
- Creating and using plists
- Enjoy problem solving and debugging!
- Familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) or Google’s Material Design Standards
Preferred but not essential
- Creating and utilising ‘Categories’ design
- Link to a published app they have created or worked on.
- Experience of utilising AFNetworking or Alamofire
- Integrating 3rd party frameworks and/or API integration (including Social Media Frameworks)
- Experience of sourceControl – GIT, SourceTree, using GITHUB, BitBucket etc
- Experience with debugging using instruments and increasing performance.
- Experience with Unit Testing & Automation
- Experience with Apple’s TestFlight for Internal/External Beta testing and iTunes App Store Submission process or Google Play Console.
Basic salary £30-40K (Dependent on Experience)
Pension contribution, and annual discretionary bonus.
How to apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of restaurant management and reservations at ResDiary, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResDiary is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.