A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Web Designer with a graphics or visual design background to move into a product-based role. This is a junior role where you will be able to develop appropriate skills on the job under the watch of an experienced Lead Product Designer.
ResDiary is a cloud-based reservation system, offered as a web-based service software application, and supported by a separate iOS manager’s app. We also have a consumer offering: a web portal, www.resdiary.com; and iOS and an Android app, ResDiary Now, which unites diners with venues to gain them incremental reservations. ResDiary is unique in that we do not charge transaction fees but work on a fixed, monthly, flat fee. Our vision is to help empower venues to improve revenue and yield to the operator’s best advantage.
Growing significantly month on month, over 8,300 venues currently use ResDiary across 57 countries, seating more than 13 million guests per month. We are headquartered in Glasgow, where most of the team work, but we also have teams in Manchester, London, Dublin, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Canada, Indonesia, and more.
You have recently graduated from a relevant design course and are an innovator with passion for contemporary design. You love design and technology, have a keen eye for detail, and have highly honed your computer-aided design skills. You are presentable and tenacious and are excited to get involved in an in-depth role. You will be able to work autonomously when required, but will also work well in a team environment. Here you will work with a group of designers at varying levels of experience collaborating on multiple projects to ensure best results.
Types of projects
Designing the user interface for ResDiary’s software and apps for multiple devices including:
Platforms for operators:
- Web based service
- iOS manager’s app
Platforms for consumers:
- Web portal: resdiary.com
- iOS & Android app
- A good design degree or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of user-centred design methodologies.
- Understanding of designing for a variety of screens and platforms.
- A desire to think at all aspects of a project, from user driven strategy to product design, interaction and beautiful screen.
- Good communication and collaborative skills, both visual and verbal.
- Willing to gather knowledge and to develop a range of UX skills and techniques from online research, collaborative working and work-shopping; to sketching and prototyping.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, with an organised approach to work and a high level of accuracy.
- Hard-working and focused on accuracy in your work.
- Ability to manage own time and meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- Motion design ability, or experience using animation to articulate ideas, engage
- Prototyping ability and knowledge of varied tools (e.g. Invision)
- Knowledge of user testing and research.
What we can offer you
- An attractive position in a proven organisation within a dynamic and energetic team.
- A great place to work where we believe in nurturing our talent.
- An opportunity to be a part of a successful future; ResDiary has grown year on year at a rate of 60% per annum and we see exciting opportunities in 2018
- Long-term career paths in a positive working environment, where our people feel safe, appreciated, and respected.
- Absolute transparency and integrity at all times, while striving in the constant pursuit of self-improvement in all aspects of our operations
£20,000 – £25,000
If you’re interested in joining the ResDiary team and believe this is the role for you, please apply in writing to email@example.com.
ResDiary is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.