ResDiary is a cloud-based reservation system offered as a web-based service software application and supported by a separate iOS manager’s app. We also have a consumer offering: a web portal, www.resdiary.com; and iOS and an Android app, ResDiary Now, which unites diners with venues to gain incremental reservations for operators.
ResDiary is unique in that we do not charge transaction fees but work on a fixed, monthly, flat fee. Our vision is to help empower venues to improve revenue and yield to the operator’s best advantage.
Growing significantly month on month, over 8,300 venues currently use ResDiary across 57 countries, seating more than 13 million guests per month. We are headquartered in Glasgow, where most of the team work, but we also have teams in Manchester, London, Dublin, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Canada, Indonesia, and more.
You will lead a team of three junior product designers to collaborate with product managers, developers, and operational staff, improving the user experience for both operators and diners. Your team will identify problems, perform research, and prototype solutions to optimise the user experience across ResDiary’s multiple platforms. As an experienced Design Lead, you will know when to tackle design jobs personally and when to direct your team, allowing them to grow and flourish. You will also be responsible for the line-management of the design team.
- Comfortable, confident and competent at managing individuals.
- Well-versed in conducting research, creating and validating ideas, creating prototypes, and making confident recommendations.
- Conceiving, exploring, and collaborating on a range of possible solutions to complex problems.
- Able to understand progressive ways of working to drive commercial and design value, and simplify complexity.
- User validation, through the creation of both low and high fidelity designs/prototypes.
- Working closely with development to implement and ship solutions.
- Contributing towards the creation and maintenance of a design system.
- Collaborating with our design team and Product Managers to continue to define and refine our system.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in user experience, research, and product design for SaaS.
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you have resolved difficult design challenges, and to demonstrate ability in leadership, support, mentoring, and working closely with other designers.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear approach to solving problems.
- Impeccable knowledge of design tools and workflows.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams including: product, development, marketing, sales, support, and more.
- A relevant qualification in creative industries or design.
- Previous experience collaborating with remote team members.
- Fluency in other languages is a bonus.
How to apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of restaurant management and reservations at ResDiary, submit your application to email@example.com. Please include a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
ResDiary is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.