ResDiary is one of the world’s leading providers of online restaurant reservations, seating over 16,000,000 diners per month, across more than 9,600 restaurants in 59 countries. Headquartered in the UK, we have team members and licensees in the UK, Ireland, Italy, South Africa, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Indonesia, the Philippines, Dubai, Australia, and New Zealand.
ResDiary is looking for a Senior Developer to lead the Android development aspect of our mobile department in its fast growing development team, based in Glasgow City Centre.
As members of the development team, you will gain experience working with the latest technologies while developing solutions for the ResDiary mobile product set. Expect to be using RxJava, SQLite and Retrofit2.
We trust our developers to do what’s best for the product and we give them the support they need to make whatever they do a success. We expect you to strive to improve both yourself and the product whenever you can and in return you’ll be given the freedom to take time to learn new skills and experiment with new technologies. You should be willing to get involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle – we want you to own what you do, not just finish the code and throw it over the wall. You’ll be working closely with other members of the development team as well as collaborating with the product, design, QA, and support teams to produce quality code and end-user products. Therefore, good communication skills are a must. We are strong believers in TDD and thorough testing in general, and expect you to be too.
- Minimum five years as a native Android developer.
- Experience leading and mentoring a small team of developers.
- Experience working with Android Java or Kotlin languages.
- Good knowledge of Android Studio and different deployment targets.
- Working with Android Studio xml & constraints layouts.
- Knowledge of constraints and size classes.
- Knowledge/experience of implementing code design patterns.
- Experience of SQLite or Realm.
- Enjoy problem solving and debugging.
- Familiar with Google’s Material Design Standards.
- Have created/worked on a published app.
- Experience of utilising Volley or Retrofit2.
- Experience of RxJava.
- Integrating 3rd party frameworks and/or API integration (including Social Media Frameworks).
- Experience of sourceControl – GIT, SourceTree, using GITHUB, BitBucket etc.
- Experience with debugging using instruments and increasing performance.
- Experience with Unit Testing & Automation.
- Experience with Google Play Console.
£40-£60k, pension contribution, and annual discretionary bonus.
How to apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of restaurant management and reservations at ResDiary, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResDiary is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.