Role Start: Immediately
FT/PT:This role is full time and permanent.
Location: This role can be carried out remotely, or from our Glasgow head office (or a combination thereof). If remote, then occasional travel to our Glasgow office will be required – usually once per quarter.
ResDiary is one of the world’s leading providers of online restaurant reservations, seating over 15 million diners per month, across more than 9,600 restaurants in 59 countries. Headquartered in the UK, we have team members and licensees in the UK, Singapore, Ireland, Canada, Scandinavia, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand.
This role will involve agility towards the changing needs of a sector challenged this year, so creativity and quick reactions are key.
You’ll be working with teams across the world, from different cultures and backgrounds and all with individual and collective goals. You can communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
What will you be doing?
You’ll look after the personal and technical well-being of ResDiary’s engineering teams. As Engineering Manager, you’ll contribute to both the technical and product vision of your teams, making sure that their members and the work they produce is successful. You won’t be individually contributing to the code but you’ll have the technical experience to be able to guide technical discussions, bringing the big picture context.
A critical aspect of this role is building and retaining strong teams, so you’ll be heavily involved in recruitment, onboarding and personal development of engineers. You’ll work closely with the Product Managers and Designers to make sure they are balancing quality and flow with delivery of great products to our customers.
We’re committed to empowering our teams to make their own decisions about how they achieve their goals. Your job is to guide them to reach those goals.
Is this the job for you?
- You’re passionate about nurturing engineering talent, encouraging their development, and also ensuring everyone is aligned with product delivery objectives
- You have experience working with high performing engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their technical decision making
- You have experience in building large, geographically dispersed SaaS products
- You have experience setting clear goals and expected outcomes for the teams and facilitate understanding, measuring and celebrating those goals
Our teams are free to use the technologies they think suit best but in general we’re a .NET house and you’ll find various versions being used in our code base. Most new code is written in .NET Core with React.js and hosted in Azure using Kubernetes. You’ll also see CosmosDB, Redis, Octopus and Azure pipelines used frequently.
- You have a strong preference for automation of manual tasks and defining infrastructure as code
- A time served engineer with experience of cloud hosted web applications
- Previously line managed teams of engineers of all levels
- Managed fully remote engineers across different time zones
Our interview process
- An intro call to talk to you about the job, your experience and to answer your questions about us
- A technical test
- Meet some members of the team you’ll be working with
Some good reasons to work with us:
- Opportunities for progression and learning new skills, including a paid personal development day once a month
- Choose a book every month in our Library Project
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discount on hundreds of hotels and dining experiences around the world via Accor’s Heartist employee discount scheme
- 50% off gym membership at PureGym
- Discounts on retail, nutrition, beauty & spa, experiences, sport & fitness and more via our EAP
- 5% employer contribution pension scheme
- Private Healthcare cover
- Life Insurance cover equal to 3 times salary
- Travel to work finance assistance
If you’re interested in joining the ResDiary team and believe this is the role for you, please apply with a covering letter & CV to [email protected]
ResDiary is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.