As the Team Leader, you’ll be required to plan, code and manage a small team of developers, collaborating with our designer, sysadmin and product manager. Our goal is the delivery of a fast, easy-to-use advanced CRM application that helps Restaurants and Bars make better use of their customer and reservation data.
More about the role
We are a distributed team that operates on UK time, with the main ResDiary development team based in Glasgow.
Nudge is owned by ResDiary, a leading provider of restaurant reservation and table management software, with over 7300 customers in 57 countries around the world. The Nudge team works on a specific, discrete set of applications that connect to the main ResDiary application via API. The role is based in Glasgow and the successful candidate will report to both the Technical Director and CRM Director.
The role is a mix of team management, and hands on coding (itself a mix of development and client support work). Our core Nudge application is built on an entirely custom-written MVC framework, and we have several additional systems managing servers and application deployments built on the Laravel framework.
Key objectives for the holder of this role are to support our existing clients and deliver a comprehensive integration between Nudge and ResDiary.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Proven team leadership skills in an Remote/Agile environment
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Excellent PHP skills. 5+ years commercial experience, strong object oriented programming skills, and an understanding of SOLID design principles, application architecture, MVC design patterns, and the Laravel framework and TDD
- Experience planning work and developing specifications for signoff by stakeholders, and decomposing those into specific tasks. (We work in a agile manner, but do still need to plan work in advance so that we can ensure we’re building something that meets client needs.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Version control (git)
- Dependency and release management with git/composer and satis
- Knowledge of queuing systems (Beanstalk and Redis) and caching systems (Memcached)
- Knowledge WordPress plugin development
- Comfortable working with Linux, particularly with Docker and other containerisation technologies. Managing development environments with Vagrant
Nice to haves
- Proficiency in other programming languages
- Experience with PHPTAL or other templating system
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Independent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Team player
Having a happy team is important to us here at ResDiary, we strive to promote a great working atmosphere and that’s why we offer a range of team benefits.
- We offer highly competitive remuneration packages that include a pension
- An attractive position in a proven organisation within a dynamic and energetic team
- An opportunity to be a part of a successful future; ResDiary has grown year on year at a rate of 60% per annum and we see exciting opportunities in 2017 and beyond
- Career in a positive working environment, where our people feel safe, appreciated and respected
- Absolute transparency and integrity at all times, while striving in the constant pursuit of self-improvement in all aspects of our operation