No-shows are the well-documented scourge of the hospitality industry. Which is why ResDiary introduced a range of options for restaurant payments, including restaurant tickets, deposits, and tokenization to combat this issue. With operators reporting they can have up to 20% of restaurant reservations fail to turn up on any given night, it’s a clever way to secure your revenue and ensure you’re not left with empty tables. ResDiary even has packages available that ensure you’re not paying too much commission on restaurant payments that you process.
How does it work?
- Using ResDiary’s unique promotions system, venues create tickets within their diary.
- These can be applied to all days, or just certain dates/times or events and sold online or just internally.
- The guest pays upfront for their dining experience.
- They are then sent a confirmation email that acts as a ticket, containing your terms and conditions.
- The money is processed through Stripe and is usually within your account within five working days.
- You don’t need to worry about lost revenue on the night.
What does it cost?
- The set up and use of this feature is included in all ResDiary packages.
- There are small fees to be paid to ResDiary and Stripe for processing the transaction.
- As these fees don’t go through your PDQ machine, they are all you pay.
- If you are on the ResDiary Ultimate package, you only pay the Stripe fee of 1.4% + 20p per transaction.
Revenue in your pocket
Money for your restaurant payments or restaurant tickets are in your pocket at the point of booking. No chasing deposits and no uncertainty over budgeting.
Reduced no shows
Restaurant ticketing and pre-payments allow operators to cut down on no-shows. It means no empty tables and less chance of turning away customers.
With reduced chances of no-shows and last minute cancellations, you have a clearer view of your service allowing chefs to plan ahead and cut wastage.
Check back on all payments taken through your system using the ResDiary dashboard and reporting system. All your reservations in one place.
“Since starting the ResDiary restaurant payment system, 100% of our guests have honoured their booking with us.
It means we know how many guaranteed bookings we have. We can purchase and prepare the correct amount of food to minimise food waste.
It has allowed us to cut down time previously spent organising and rearranging bookings so we can spend more time improving the food and the dining experience at The Table.”
Sean Clark, Chef Patron – The Table
Plus one off charge of £59 + VAT for setup & online training to your package price